Taft’s Technology group is nationally recognized for its breadth of experience and the quality of its attorneys. Our lawyers have served as both outside counsel and in-house attorneys to some of the most well-known technology companies in the world. We negotiate contracts for providers and users of technology. We litigate technology related disputes and structure deals to help our clients reach their goals.
Our technology attorneys have extensive experience in a variety of technology related matters including:
- Drafting and negotiating software contracts, including software implementation agreements, software licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, software development agreements, business process outsourcing contracts, distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements and channel partner agreements.
- Advising clients on data privacy and cyber security issues;
- Implementing open source software strategies for large software vendors
- Due diligence associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafting and negotiating channel partner software agreements
- Defending software vendors and consulting companies in federal court against allegations of breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and negligent misrepresentation
- Representing manufacturers and distributors in breach of contract in failed implementation and integration projects
- Drafting and negotiating video game distribution agreements
- Obtain registration of client trademark and service marks on the Principal Register of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Obtaining patent registrations on behalf of clients
Our multidisciplinary team combines extensive knowledge of the law with practical experience in the regulatory environment and the business concerns and risks that technology companies face on a daily basis.
Through this blog we will share law updates, analysis and best practices from our technology experts throughout the Midwest.